AHT’s NGO Practice Group brings unrivaled experience and knowledge to support the risk management needs of organizations as they implement programs in some of today’s most challenging locations around the world. The increasingly complex environments in which NGOs operate necessitate dynamic, active risk management and insurance solutions coordinated by experienced professionals. With NGO & international development clients operating in over 80 countries, AHT has proven experience supporting risk management in the world’s most challenging environments.
AHT recognizes the challenges NGOs face in their day to day operations:
- Protection of people and property
- Protecting the Board of Directors
- Compliance with local laws
- Safe travel needs
- Ability to operate safely and effectively
- Operating in an OFAC country
- Different treatment of exposures among U.S., Third Country National and Local Staff
- Different treatment of exposures among Volunteers, Consultants, Trainers and Directors of the Organization
- Internship risk management
- Ability to choose a third party consultant for special coverage services
- Ability to choose a third party provider for medical and security evacuation services
AHT specializes in working with carriers, who effectively and efficiently insure NGOs, to assure the breadth and scope of coverage necessary in the countries of operation. We recognize and understand the differences among funders of organizations and how funding can affect the insurance program and exposure to risk as well.
Taking a holistic approach to risk management, AHT looks beyond the placement of insurance to help clients ensure they have the plans, procedures and resources in place to manage operational risk and support Duty of Care obligations. Importantly, the team at AHT ensures that external resources such as medical assistance companies and crisis response providers are effectively aligned with the organization’s risk and that these critical resources are woven into plans and procedures before an emergency arises.
Our commitment to the NGO and international development community extends beyond our client base. AHT is an industry partner of InsideNGO and the International NGO Safety and Security Association (INSSA) as well as active in InterAction and the Overseas Security Advisory Council.
We specialize in:
- Defense Base Act
- Foreign Voluntary Workers Compensation
- Business Travel Accident
- Political Violence and Political Risk
- International Property and Liability
- International Auto Liability and Physical Damage
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Management Liability including Crime, Employment Practices, and Fiduciary Liability
- Global Medical Policies for Long & Short Term Assignments
For more information, please contact the AHT NGO team.