The insurance landscape is changing, particularly for educational institutions. Not too long ago private schools and colleges operated in an insular world, where minor improprieties were often overlooked. Those days are over. If schools inadvertently fail to pay overtime or dismiss an instructor improperly, lawsuits are a strong possibility. As tuition costs rise, parents also have higher expectations. Charter schools and online schools have their own sets of challenges, including oversight and accountability.
We help schools anticipate and prepare for the unexpected. Limited resources in education make adequate insurance more important than ever. Unforeseen events can jeopardize long-term stability without proper insurance.
Who We Serve
- Charter schools
- Colleges and universities
- Online schools
- Private schools
Business Managers Roundtable
AHT hosts semi-annual Business Managers’ Roundtables, designed specifically for private school executives. Topics have included best practices for avoiding and addressing harassment, campus security and emergency planning, employment practices, tuition policies and board liability.
Products & Services
- Abuse and molestation insurance
- Contract review
- Disaster recovery planning insurance
- Educational seminar insurance
- Loss history benchmarking and analysis reporting
- Risk financing techniques
- Risk management assessments
- Directors and officers insurance
- Educators’ legal liability
- Employment practice liability insurance
- Errors and omissions insurance
- Event cancellation insurance
- International coverage
- Media liability
- Property and general liability insurance
- Travel accident insurance
- Workers compensation
For more information, please contact the AHT education team.